This page contains some useful addresses and links about shops, stores, factories, online catalogues. With some of them we have partnerships for discounts.
Ask your Advisor before making any purchase! There are procedures to follow. (Otherwise you probably won’t get a refund.)
Robot bases and components
- Robot Domestici Italian site. Some good prices, some very high.
- Robot Italy Italian site. A lot of stuff.
- Robostore Italian site. A lot of stuff. Well organized.
- Emmeshop Italian site. A lot of stuff.
- Robotshop Really a lot of stuff. Check to be on the EU site
- Hobby King A lot of stuff, mostly model-oriented. Check to be on the EU Warehouse.
- Milan Model: Via Imbonati, 78 Milan (MM Dergano) – Big model shop, selling all needed for models from servos, to batteries, gears, ball bearing, …
- kitronik Kits and unusual stuff.
- Dagu Kits, wheels; Chinese.
- Jonathan Italian site. Model oriented.
- WowWee Get inspired! Cheap and complex robobases.
- Maxon The best (and most expensive) motors
- RS – You can shop on-line or buy direct from the RS shop located in via W. Tobagi, 19 – Vimodrone (near the “Cascina Burrona” stop of MM2). Important! If you buy directly at the RS shop, you absolutely must request that the name on the invoice (“fattura”) is: Politecnico di Milano – Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informazione – via Ponzio 34/5 – 20133 Milano and that the invoice is marked as paid (RS uses a strange paper-piercing tool to do the mark). If you ask for these two things, you get a 10% discount; if you don’t, you don’t get the discount and, above all, you cannot obtain a refund from your tutor!
- Farnell – You can shop on-line with discounts.
- Franchi di Scarpa – Via Padova, 74 – Milano.
- Watterott Online shop in Germany (no additional taxes): drivers, microcontrollers, cards, …
- Hobbytronics Online shop in UK: components, wires, …
- Digilent Boards, sensors. Home of PMod.
- Sintolvox – Via Privata Asti, 12 (close to Piazza Piemonte) – Milano.
- Futura Elettronica – via Adige 11, 21013 Gallarate (Va)
- LeD elettronica snc – Milano via Bessarione 14 (Corvetto) – 02-5392845
- Microchip – OnLine shops for PIC and other stuffs. For sample request try to sent an e-mail to franca.borella<at>microchip.com. Italian sales office is located in Legnano, Via P. Picasso 41. Reception Phone: 0331-742611; Franca Borella: 0331-742621.
- Burklin: vendor of cables and other stuff
- Futurlec: all electronics, chinese vendor, quite fast delivery (for a chinese vendor: 1-2 weeks).
PCB printing services
- ITead Studio – Cheap and good quality chinese supplier – 1 week production time plus shipping (from 5 days with DHL to 3-4 weeks with standard mailing)
- Seeed Studio – Cheap and good quality chinese supplier – Almost the same as ITead Studio but with some different panelizing options
Machine shop and mechanical parts
- Meccanica di precisione srl di Moretti Piero, via Tartini Giuseppe 6 (map), 02-3761826. Use line 82 from Bovisa or MM3 Maciachini.
- Ferramenta Pietro Viganò, via Montevideo 8, Milano. Near the “S. Agostino” stop of MM2.
- LIP Lavorazione Ingranaggi di Precisione, Via C. Colombo 11, 20094 Corsico (MI),Tel: 02 48600779 – 02 4502929 – 02 48601251 Fax: 02 48601215 email@example.com – Gears.
- CTMeca: an Italian vendor of mechanical parts.
- Item: modular aluminium mechanical components. Some of these are already available in the lab.
- Ball bearing, no name shop. Via Catalani, second shop on the right, grey. Any ball bearing.
- Omniwheels (not the best ones, but acceptable and common) Kornylak (recommended rubber coating and transwheel).
Plastics, rubbers and the like
- FICED: plastic material
- Plasting: Plastic – Via Alpini, 9 – Segrate (Milan)
- Plexishop: Plexiglas, policarbonate and many more.
- Moroni Gomma: Rubber, gum – Via Giusti, 20 – Milan
- BCM: Lattice -Via Vincenzo Monti, 56 – Milan
- SAET: Acrilic, plexiglas, plastic – Via Candiani, 9 – Milan
- Smooth-on: molding and chemicals. Representative close to Milan (Lissone)
- DZ Models: chemicals (Resin, silicon, …), colors. (Corsico)
- La casa dei colori: Chemicals (silicon, rubber, …), colors.
- Flockcart: Resin, plastic, silicon, … – Via Valparaiso 11 – Milan
- Prochima: Resin, plastic, silicon, … – Via G. Agnelli 6 – 61030 CALCINELLI di SALTARA (PU) – Tel. 0721.897635 – 0721.871267 – 0721.871341
- Gomma Corvetto: Rubber, plastic shields, pipes, wheels… – Via Gamboloita, 4 – 20139 – Milano (Zona Corvetto) – Tel. +39 (02) 539 8301
- Pigomma: Rubber, Plastic.
- Miorini: metal – Viale Ortles, 21 – Milan
- Omar aluminio : aluminum bars Pero MM
- La milano alluminio: aluminum Via Gallarate 355 Milano
- Io e Il legno – Largo Murani – Milan – Brico center close to Politecnico (south end of via Golgi)
- Baldo Legnami: Wood- Via Val d’Intelvi, 24 – Milan
- Io e Il legno – Largo Murani – Milan – Bricolage center close to Politecnico (south end of via Golgi)
- For posters and such things, one place is Virus (via Corti 30, near the DEI).
Miscellaneous online resources
- Traceparts: a repository of 2D and 3D CAD models (requires user registration).